IR35 reform in the private sector. TPPL Newsletter 4

newsletter

I attended a IR35 workshop yesterday run by our advisors E&Y. One of the speakers was Mark Frampton from the HMRC. His comments about the consultation led John Chaplin to adjust his prediction as to when the Public Sector changes would be made to the Private sector. Most of those attending were large client organisations and it was interesting (and worrying) to hear their comments. I have posted my thoughts on the workshop to our Conference room here

Please note that you need to join the members group to view that link. It is free to join and details are available here.

Accountants
Welcome to our first Accountant member. Scrutton Bland. Please encourage your accountant to join up here. The changes will have a significant impact on their business as the result of the proposed legislation will be to drive freelancers to close their own companies and move into Umbrella companies.

Town Hall.
Join us in our online Zoom room to discuss the above. Today Friday 23rd March; 1300 to 1400 UK Time

Kind Regards

Andy White
Chairman | The Project Pool Ltd
For some background on the team behind The Project Pool

Please feel free to forward this email to your network

Thanks for the update. This renews the effort that needs to be made to change how freelancers engage in business.